Sunday, July 15, 2007

Citrus Summer Showdown 5K

Had a great time at the Citrus Summer Showdown 5k at Whispering Pines yesterday! This is a free race that they have to showcase the county's best runners from middle school through college aged kids. Dan and I are obviously WAY beyond those years but there's still a bunch of old folks like us who are brave enough to run with (or more accuratley, behind) those spunky kids! Jenny is in the picture above. She still kicks behinds while she's pregnant!
I underestimated this course! And the heat! I was pleased with my time of 24:06 but it took everything I had to finish. If it weren't for some encouraging shouts from behind, I think I may have just laid down. But, on the bright side, I know what to expect next year! Dan and I to the right, are both ready to go home and go back to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my words! I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails