Thursday, March 8, 2012

A few Crummy Days


This morning greets me with a scheduled visit to the dentist to finish up a root canal that they began last week. At the moment I have a blue molar; I'm not sure why. Last week's episode was just as terrifying as I had expected, but Doc tells me that today won't be as bad.

He seems like an honest man. Time will tell.

On one hand, the complainer in me wants to well up. Waaa! I don't like people burrowing to center of the earth through my skull....I really don't. But on the other hand, I am so thankful that I live in a time and place where I have the option to keep my mess of a tooth instead of just treating it like cousin Eddy and kicking him out!

Also, very wonderful is the fact I don't have to pay 100% of the torture bill. However, I actually had to wait one year before I could get the tooth fixed because the insurance company's loot didn't kick in yet. Hence, the root canal. Had I been able to take care of the silly thing when my big ol’ filling came out, it probably wouldn’t have needed a root canal!

Makes me say, hmm.

The past week has been less than pleasant...the whole gang had the "stuff" (in the belly) and it was ugly. When it was my turn, the world seemed to shut down for some 24 hours. Shades drawn, not sure what time zone you’re in, head pounding, stomach churning kinda deal.

We’re all better now. It’s as if it never happened. All evidence to the contrary, however. One day of not doing my” daily duties” and it’s as if the dirty clutter monster came in and threw a party!

I don’t like him.

But, Oh! How I love this:

"Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

The sun just keeps coming up. He gives me the grace and strength to face the day. My soul can indeed say, "It is well."

Pressing on,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my words! I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails