Thursday, March 8, 2012

Defeated to Victorious

Whitney over at Good Morning Girls described my week incredibly well. How did she know?

(From Whitney):

Ineffective.

Frustrated.

Distracted.

Damaged.

Defeated.

But she gently reminded me that I am not who I once was.

Ephesians 4:22-24

“You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires;

Tobe made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new slef, created to be like God in true righteousness and hominess.”

No matter what kind of garbage I may be dealing with…sickness, brokenness, pain, jobs left incomplete, plans cancelled, cranky kids…I know that I do not need to respond as my “old self” would respond. (like that big ugly list above)

My “new self” desires to be more like Christ,

To see Him

To hear Him

To obey Him

To Love Him

But Oh, how I run…back to my

Self-absorption

Hearing only myself

Doing things my own way

Ungratefulness

God has promised to make me more like His Son.

2 Cor. 3: 18

“And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into His likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.”

So, I repent and believe…again.

My justification before God is forever right…this does not change. But I need to be constantly aware that my old nature desires to NOT believe the Gospel and to follow my old ways. MY ways.

He never tires of my repentance….and this is sanctification.

He promises me that the ugly list above will be turned to the beauty below:

(also from Whitney):

Effective.

Joyful.

Focused.

Whole.

Victorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my words! I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails