Thursday, April 4, 2013

Chronicles of a Caterpillar: Day 1

Heading out for a walk with Lucy this morning...
















 

I nearly stepped on this lovely creature...
 




Perhaps you don't think it's lovely. I can understand that.

I posted my near mishap on Facebook (why not) and a friend of mine suggested I take her in. I can't believe it, but I've never done that before.

I accepted the challenge!

I scooped her up ever so gently along with the very leaves that she was gnawing on (they must be her favorite).

We set her up in a nice roomy tupperware container with her favorite greens, dirt and sticks and a wet cotton ball (this was the setup that my quick Google search suggested...and Google can't be wrong...right?)

More research will be done by the Gandee scientists to make sure she makes it to adulthood!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my words! I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails